Quinoa is a complete protein that contains all eight essential amino acids. It is light and fluffy in texture, but has the ability of the whole grain to fill the stomach.
How to prepare quinoa – Easy recipes
Quinoa or quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa) is that magnificent superfood that will allow you to take care of your health and wear a slender figure , giving an exquisite touch of flavor to all your dishes.
Say goodbye to insipid diets and introduce this pseudocereal into your daily routine because, with this simple gesture, you will be contributing to prevent numerous diseases, ranging from cardiovascular to nervous, through diabetes or indomitable cholesterol. Its properties are endless.
How to prepare the best dishes with quinoa
If you are wondering how to get the most out of this food, take note of the following ideas. Take advantage of its exceptional balance of proteins, unsaturated fats, minerals and fiber and get to work!
- The first step is to wash your seeds very well underwater
- To do this you must gently rub with your hands until you see that the layer of saponins that covers the seeds (kind of foam) comes off
- Don’t settle for soaking, washing and rinsing thoroughly
- Put special emphasis on the care of the seeds because they are too small. You can help by doing it on a sieve
- Boil it for 15-20 minutes or until the seeds open
- Cuela and now you can use it!
- Spice up your best dishes with it and your health will thank you
Do we get to it?
Do you prefer traditional cooking or microwave?
- If you are traditional cooking : you can prepare the quinoa by adding two parts of water for each part of this seed that you use, in a Quinoa you must pour it at the moment when the water starts to boil, then covering the pan and lowering the heat. It will boil for 15 or 20 minutes and you will know that it is made when it appears as a white tail and the quinoa acquires a semi-transparent hue.
As if it were rice it is essential that it is not passed, as it would be too pasty. Ideally, be ” al dente “. Finish by removing the beans in order to separate them and drain if there is extra liquid. Let stand 2 minutes.
- If you are a microwave: put the liquid and quinoa in a container with a lid that you can use in this oven. Cook for 3 minutes, remove it from the microwave, stir, let it rest for a minute and then cook it 3 more minutes.
If you see that it is not ready yet, just add 2 tablespoons of water and cook it for another minute. Remove from the microwave, let stand another minute until it is finished cooking completely, thus absorbing the remaining liquid. Stir and you can use it in the recipe you have chosen.
This food is reaching such levels of popularity worldwide, which do not stop proliferating recipes that have little to do with conventional quinoa salad. Without going any further, the International Recipe Book that FAO has published collects a large number of tasty recipes made with the so-called “gold grain of the Andes”, comprising from starters to exquisite main dishes, whose culmination is set by its delicious desserts.
One that you have to put into practice is the one we propose below, because of its resemblance to our appetizing potato omelette:
A delicious tortilla that combines Andean and Mexican flavors with which you can accompany any meal. In the proportions that we indicate, you will get about 15 tortillas for five people. It is a simple recipe.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley and garlic
- 3 tablespoons cassava starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix all the ingredients and crush the quinoa grains a little until some of them break, knead and let the dough you get rest for a while. You must use a tortilla or use 2 dishes that you have previously lined with film. With them, form the tortillas by crushing small amounts of dough . Finally, pass the tortillas through a pan or an iron plate, which you will have seasoned with as little oil as possible.
Some variants admit diversity of ingredients such as tomato chips, crushed raw cashews, mashed avocado or black olives.
Another option is to take them as breakfast, for example the quinoa and vegetable tortilla, being ideal for those who want to take care of their figure and before doing any physical activity or training . Try this healthy dish because we are sure that its flavor will not leave you indifferent.
- Everything you need to know about quinoa: www.superalimentos24.com/quinoa/
Video on how to make Quinoa tortilla:
Please help us get this information to as many people as possible. You just have to click on these buttons that you will see below and share it in one of your social networks. Thank you very much for your help.